Clear aligner therapy (CAT) refers to a series of clear appliances prescribed to correct malocclusion. They are worn for a certain period to gently guide teeth to their new positions. Since CAT is virtually invisible and can be removed at any time, it provides superior comfort and esthetic to the patients.
How Does It Work?
CAT applies directed and controlled pressure to the teeth to guide them into their ideal position. A software is used to predetermine the final position of the teeth.
During each visit, you will be given few sets of trays to be worn daily except while eating and cleaning the teeth. The orthodontist will give instructions on how to wear and when to change to a new set. Usually, each set is worn for 1-2 weeks before changing to a new ones.
Benefits of CAT
- It is easier to maintain good oral hygiene since CATs can be removed at any time.
- You can continue to eat your favourite foods.
- Virtually invisible, people may not even notice you are wearing them.
- Comfortable, you can continue playing your favourite sports.
- Less emergency visits due to the reduce likelihood of breakage.
- Fewer visits, allowing you to spend more time doing things you love.
Am I suitable for CAT?
Just like conventional braces, CAT can be an option to correct these types of malocclusion:
- Open bite
At Klinik Pergigian Mawarni, we have added new treatment option in the list of services provided. We offer Invisalign to those who are interested in getting CAT. Click here to set your appointment with us!